- February 16th, 2009 6:36 AM
Is it possible to experience panoramic visualization without actually participating in a meeting that is graphically facilitated? We’re coming close in The Grove’s new Learning Center in Second Life. For about a year we’ve have been experimenting with how much of The Grove’s work we can portray in this interesting virtual world. We own an island there, called “The Grove.” Just click this SLURL and it will direct you. If you get lost search for “The Grove” under “Places.” Maps on the pier where you land at The Grove have clickable teleports, including up to the Learning Center, shown here.
- February 3rd, 2009 10:59 PM
David Sibbet will be presenting a workshop at Viz Think in San Jose this February 24 at 2:00-3:30 called “Facilitating On-line With Graphics.” The workshop will cover the following:
Demonstration and exploration of how to guide Visual Planning meetings on web conferences using interactive visualization on tablet PCs and templates. This workshop will also share a case from TED where David worked with Autodesk to record the entire conference on Wacom tablets for multi-touch displays. Participants would:
* Experience a tablet recording demonstration
* Review principles for facilitating virtual meetings visually
* Get tips on types of tablets and software
* Best practices for guiding the meeting and getting convergence
* Use of Grove Graphic Guides® as templates for business planning
* Use of Grove’s Visual Planning Systems for designing your meetings
Check out the full conference schedule and registration at Viz Think.com.